Monday, April 4, 2011

Another Unfill

Sorry about the constant posts!
I haven't had a day off in a while and all I've done is surf the net!

I've decided that I am going to get more fluid taken out of my band before I go overseas
I've been thinking about it and I am just fed up with not being able to eat the foods that my family eat
When deciding on the surgery, I was under the impression that I would be able to eat just about everything as normal, except in smaller portions
These days I can't eat meat, chicken, some vegies, salads...all the healthy stuff!
I don't mind that I can't eat this stuff because I'm experimenting with other foods, but when I'm in Europe it is going to be alot harder to find foods that are band friendly
I'm going on a tour and I don't want to feel left out if I can't enjoy dinner with the whole group

I'm scheduled to go in on April 28th...I leave May 1st
I don't necessarily want to empty the band completely, but maybe another 1cc

3 comments:

All That Razzberry said...

I would get an unfill too. You need to be able to eat what is readily accessible. I couldnt think of anything worse than being stuck all holiday or starving because you cant find band friendly food.

Jen said...

So sorry you're going through this too. I find myself disappointed in the band for the same reasons -- when I'm filled enough to have restriction, the healthy stuff ALL gets stuck.

However, I think that a mostly unfilled band is going to work amazingly well for *maintenance* purposes. Getting my brain over the hump that this thing isn't going to be much of a tool for LOSING weight (for me) has been really hard, though.

Knowing that it's going to be good for me not to regain all this weight - again - is what's seeing me through right now.

Hang in there!!

Anonymous said...

this sounds like a good idea :) It can be so frustrating not being able to eat the same things others do!

Post a Comment